Christophes Culinary Challenge!
Guidelines for Entry
- The idea must be a food product, for example a Nutrition Bar, Ice-Cream or Pastry
- Take a look at some of these inspirational stories behind the brand:
- You must also share who the target audience is and why
- What customer discovery have you done, meaning have you interviewed this audience and what has the feedback been
- How big is the market, again take a look at the story behind the brands above to see how they presented the market opportunity
- How will you market the company
- How will you make money
- Once these questions are answered, we’d like for you to prepare a video presentation to present your idea. If you can’t create a video then we will take a powerpoint presentation, but be sure to save it as a PDF file.
- We are recruiting students to help you create the video
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to work with Christophe and other experienced Chefs
- The Potential to bring your idea to market
- Each contestant will receive a $150 Christophes Menu Coupon
- Exposure in a trade magazine
How to get Started
- Create a Product Video Presentation
- If you can’t create a video please submit a PDF
- Send any questions to email@example.com
Don’t Forget to Check out the Latest Menu!
Here is the Delicious Sugar Cookie Recipe!
Credit goes to In Katrina’s Kitchen.
Soft cut out sugar cookie recipe that keeps its shape and dough does not need to be chilled before baking- perfect edges every time!
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth, at least 3 minutes
- Beat in extracts and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder and salt with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff for your mixer turn out the dough onto a countertop surface. Wet your hands and finish off kneading the dough by hand.
- DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH. Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. You want these cookies to be on the thicker side (closer to 1/4 inch rather than 1/8).
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
Cookie Decor Ideas
Credit to Country Living
If you haven’t already noticed, you’ll soon see a pattern from Chef Christophe’s videos and blogs. He loves to use leftover scraps, more like he doesn’t like to waste food, and all of us from Christophe’s To Go, think it’s important to share those same values with our customers. This post will be the first of many that will highlight unique ways to use leftovers. For this article, we couldn’t think of anything more suitable for summer leftovers than hamburgers! How many times have you gone overboard at your cookout, resulting in you shoving take-out containers of leftovers in your guests’ hands as they leave? Or, maybe you keep them for yourself but they end up getting thrown away or given to your dog.
These are 5 Delicious Recipes for Leftover Hamburgers:
- Make a delicious Shepherd Pie: Break down the hamburger patties, caramelize some onion, make some mashed potatoes, and boom, new delicious dish to enjoy!
Click here for some great Shepherd Pie recipes to use.
- Make an outstanding omelet: start by breaking down the hamburger patties, then sauté some bell pepper, onion, and spinach. Incorporate pieces of hamburger meat into the pan with the veggies. Once they’re sautéed pour in your egg and finish the omelet. Yum!
Watch Chef Christophe show you the proper way to make an omelet here:
- Make a killer tomato meat sauce: Start by breaking down the hamburger patties and sauté with some onions, thyme, and white wine. Add to tomato sauce and serve with your favorite pasta, or use in a variety of other ways.
Click here for a delicious meat sauce recipe.
- Skillet Scrambler for breakfast or dinner: Christophe loves breakfast for dinner so this dish is great for either or! Break down the hamburger patties, dice some potatoes (small size), cook some sunny side up eggs, and finish with some fresh herbs.
- Make some luscious Mac and Cheese: Break down the hamburger patties, cook pasta, make some creamy béchamel cheese sauce, combine and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until dish is bubbly and golden (getting hungry yet?)
For a delicious Mac and Cheese recipe made with béchamel click here!
Not in the Mood to Cook?
As always, when the leftovers are gone, and the idea of cooking is still not appealing, Christophe’s To Go is there for you. With convenient gourmet meals to-go, you can eat like luxury without breaking the bank or making a mess in your kitchen.
Check out our menu here! Written by: Alison Sherman
One thing I’ve always been curious about is what chefs cook for themselves when they’re not feeding others. When I presented this question to Chef Christophe he provided me with something I hadn’t really considered – different types of chilled food. “I’m not talking about the greasy cold pizza to relieve a hangover food,” spoke Christophe, “I love a chilled mashed potato made with olive oil or a cold ratatouille. Why don’t you start a blog with recipes about food eaten cold besides salads?” Enough said.
Enjoy these two delicious chilled recipes by Chef Christophe that are perfect for summertime!
Chilled Olive Oil Yukon Gold Mashed Potato
2.2lbs Yukon Gold Potato
1/3 ounce Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Peel and wash the potatoes, then cut them in halves and drop them in a pot filled with salted cold water. Bring to boil and let the potatoes simmer until fully cooked, about 30 minutes
Christophe tip: To confirm your potatoes are done, slice one with a knife. If the knife easily goes through the potato it’s cooked.
- Once cooked, strain the potatoes and immediately mash them- use a fork if you like chunky potatoes or use a ricer if you prefer potatoes to be smooth
- Incorporate the olive oil while whipping the potatoes very well. Add salt if necessary. Let the potatoes cool down to room temperature then add the chopped parsley and thyme
- Place in the refrigerator
Christophe tip: Serve with chilled poached cod and aioli, with crispy croutons, or with smoked salmon.
10 oz Fresh Zucchini
10 oz Fresh Yellow Squash
10 oz Fresh Eggplant
10 oz Fresh Green Bell Pepper
10 oz Fresh Yellow Onion
1 Fresh Tomato
16 oz Tomato Puree
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Fennel Seeds
½ cup Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Peel and wash all vegetables
- Dice veggies into 3/4″ cubes and squares, keep chopped veggies separate from each other
- Heat olive oil in a large Rondeau pan (or a similar shallow and wide pan)
- Sauté the vegetables individually, in separate pans in the order of: onions, bell peppers, squash, and eggplant being last
- Season vegetables with salt and black pepper and combine them all together in the rondeau pan
- Dice tomato into 1 inch pieces
- Add fresh 1 inch diced tomatoes, tomato paste, fresh basil, thyme, and oregano to pan and stir well
- Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally
- Let cool down for 1 hour at room temperature before refrigerating
- Portion when completely chilled
Those Times You’re Not in the Mood to be in the Kitchen…
Of course, when you’ve had a long day and you’re ready to relax, the idea of cooking is not always appealing. That’s why you have Christophe’s To Go. We do the work for you so you don’t have to shop, cook, and clean. With delicious chilled options like our Chicken Lettuce Wrap or Christophe’s Curry Chicken Salad, you can eat a fulfilling gourmet meal in a matter of minutes. Always chef-prepared and always made fresh ingredients.
Click here to check out our full menu!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Written by: Alison Sherman